Sunday, April 20, 2008

patriot's day

so the one thing i absolutely truly miss the most about boston is patriot's day. it's my FAVORITE holiday, probably because it's only celebrated in massachusetts. the worst part about being in school, however, is that i usually miss the patriot's day celebration by only a couple of days. tomorrow is the day, and i am still in utah. i miss the reenactments, the boston marathon at the 19 mile mark, the parades and the grand opening of kimball's.
WOE IS ME.
and it is so not cool....

3 comments:

jksfam said...

I miss it, too :( although I will admit you have attended many more than me!

Jim and Lisa said...

Yes, woe is you! Do you remember the breakfast at the Kellogg's house after the reenactment or going to the parade in the afternoon in Lexington with the Thompson's, followed by a BBQ usually at their house? I think that was Patriot's Day.

Swoopref said...

Maine celebrates it as well... they used to be part of Massachusetts.

You will always be a patriot in my eyes!